Monday, March 4, 2013

The books and patterns I am working on

I have recently been asked by a couple of Instagram friends (followers? colleagues?) what patterns I am working on. So I have decided to post some further details of these books and patterns.

During 2012 I worked on the Some Kind of Wonderful quilt by Anni Downs here and here amongst completing blocks throughout the year. 


This quilt was my first attempt at needle-turn applique and it certainly took me a while to get used to.

Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched is an extremely talented designer with numerous books and now a fabric line behind her.  I'm looking forward to beginning the feature quilt in one of her old books A Boy's story.



One of the other projects I am currently working on with everyone in the Stitch-a-long (SAL) are various projects from this book by Natalie Bird.





Another talented Australian designer Bronwyn Hayes of Red Brolly gave a wonderful review of Natalie's book here.

I also have one of Browyn's patterns on my to do list from the recent Australian magazine of Homespun.


This quilt is going to be so much fun to make. Made with beautiful French General fabrics - my favourites.

And lastly, for the record, I really want to make this quilt one day


Some close up pics here.

Perhaps they may be completed within the next 20 years?

Happy Stitching everyone
Susie


 

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

love the colours on your flowers....great idea doing different colours.........very pretty........you sure are working on lots of things..........

Anonymous said...

lots of gorgeous projects there,good luck on your finishes.xx

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Now there you go,what have you done....here I am desperately trying to catch up with stuff,and you go and show me another quilt,I have to make...it's very important that I make that quilt.lol.....Girls just want to have fun.....xx

Valspierssews said...

I love your Red Home stitchery. You have lots of lovely books. I really want to do the skow nick knack SAL but I don't want a big collection of UFO quilts so I need to focus. I enjoy a bit of small cross stitch. The cross stitch project in your previous post is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

You have some gorgeous stitchery and quilts planned and now you can add a bit country to the list.