Friday, February 3, 2012

Free Motion Quilting Challenge

Last year, we (hubby and I cause he paid for it) took the plunge and purchased a new sewing machine after 21 years. I really wanted a machine that would have the capacity to do free motion quilting. I took a short course by Deb Louie at Amitie but really hadn't practiced any of it since. I recently discovered this challenge hosted by the wonderful Darlene at SewCalGal.


There are endless possibilities in the FMQ world and I really admire those beautiful quilts, quilted on domestic sewing machines, on display at quilt shows. The patterns are endless..I really like this one..........

(source: google images)

and this one........




With a view to one day achieving the ability to do something like this below by Kellie........





I'm really looking forward to this challenge.

Happy Stitching, Susie


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kind for machine did you get?