Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Block One - Almost Done


 My first block of the SKoW Stitch-a-long is almost complete. This is my first attempt at needle turn applique. I am finding the curves quite difficult. My stitching needs improvement but looked alot better once I used thread to match the applique fabric.



I'll work on my placement for the next blocks. This one is a bit skewed. You may see a blue line around the applique - its a water based marker and will come out once complete.

I am having fun with it though. Now on to the next one.

Happy Stitching
Susie

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Go Susie.........they look great from here....keep going.........

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely Susie.I am going to have a go at needle turn appliqué ,hope it turns out as well as youres .
Laura xx