Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Stars and Sprigs Quilt

I am currently in love with this................


Its the 'Star's and Sprig's' quilt by Kim McLean.

I discovered it over at Taryn's blog. I love reproduction quilts at the moment and especially Judy Rothermel fabrics. I just wish I could purchase a BOM within Australia. I know BOM's are alot of work for local craft stores but I don't think there are enough of them around (BOM's nor craft stores!). I would have thought from a business perspective you could obtain the interest, then purchase the fabric etc (only purchase the amount of fabric equal to the interest, (and a bit more!)), add on for expenses labour, postage and voila! Obviously it's not that simple.....perhaps its just too darn expensive to do.....

sigh.......what a pity......I'm sure I would stuff up the colour combinations if the fabric was left up to me to purchase....


Happy Stitching

Susie

2 comments:

Kaye R said...

Hi, Having worked in a patchwork shop for 5 years, kitting BOM's you can very easily run at a loss. They usually choose simpler patterns, as the calculations, cutting and kitting takes up massive man hours. Let alone choosing a colour range. Plus by the time the designer who puts the pattern out and we fall in love with those colours, the fabrics are no longer available. I used to think the same as you until I worked in the system, I wish it were different. :)

rosie said...

I love BOM's too... I love that you have all the colors picked out for you, no decisions to be made!!